Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday…

Yesterday I went to a doctor’s clinic for some test, don’t worry I’m perfectly fine and it was a just a routine checkup.

The clinic was crowded with patients except for the place where an elderly uncle (let say Mr. X) and I was sitting. Sofa for three was occupied by only two of us, lucky we. Not much time passed when this comfort of ours was snatched away from us. Another uncle (let say Mr. Y) came with a lady (let say Ms. Z) and both of them fitted themselves in the space which was initially meant for only one.

Let me tell you few of my observations about my sofa mates:
Mr. X: By his looks he wasn’t seem to be a very serious patient. May be he was also there just for a routine checkup.
Mr. Y: He seemed to be a serious patient by the way he walked and talked initially.
Ms. Z: On seeing her one can easily make out that she was definitely not Mr. Y’s wife and she was her daughter which I only came to know later. She was not very young; I mean not the college going types. If not married then she was of the perfect age for marriage.

After having some conversation with Mr. Y, Ms. Z went out for making some call. Just then Mr. X approached Mr. Y with a question, “Are you a Marwari?” (I think he must have guessed this by the accent in which they were talking). The timing of that question was so perfect that it seemed that he was just waiting for the lady to go out.

"Yes, I’m a Marwari”, replied Mr. Y
“I’m too a Marwari from Dausa, Rajasthan and what about you?” asked Mr. X
“I’m from Jaipur” replied Mr. Y in an unpleasant tone.

Initially Mr. Y doesn’t seem to be interested in the conversation but slowly and steadily the chit-chat between the two became friendlier and even interesting for me… They continued by asking about each other’s profession, residence in Mumbai and family backgrounds, etc. But in the whole discussion Mr. X was more curious to know about the other one, that time I thought some people have this nature but later I got to know the main reason behind it.

Finally Mr. X came to the main point when he started enquiring about Ms. Z. By this time both of them have had become so friendly that Mr. Y never thought for a second before telling everything about his daughter to a stranger. I’m not jotting down the full conversation here; but the major points which came out from that conversation were: she was unmarried, doing her post-graduation and expert in cooking ad household works.

A thought stroked my mind immediately, “What else one can look in a bride???”

After listening to all the qualities of her, Mr. X told Mr. Y that his nephew may be a perfect groom for her daughter, if he is looking for one. He further told that his nephew is a Software Engineer and is also pretty handsome in his looks. After that Mr. Y added that these days’ software people get handsome salaries. At that point of time, I too thought that even my chances are bright in the marriage market. Anyways jokes apart, by then Mr. Y had already shown his interest in Mr. X’s nephew.

The exchange of numbers has also taken place by the time Ms. Z re-entered the room. Then Mr. Y introduced her to his new friend or should I say that one of her’s future in-law. By this time nurse called me and I went inside the doctor’s cabin. When I came back all three of them were still busy in giggling and talking. I think by that time they must have also fixed the date and venue for the first meeting of both the families.

Now I want to add in the quotation that “Marriages are made in Heaven but sometime in Doctor’s Clinic too…

12 comments:

about-blank said...

Nw i undertsand why u r the way u r. Mere bhai wen u go to a doc concentarte on health. U keep lookin on "these" issues n thinkin abt it dats y u urself nt gettin married dude [:)]...

BeEb|eBr0x said...

I guess Mr.X was ur uncle...matlab jaldi hi khush khabri milne wali hai...

Anonymous said...

hi,

Clinic can be only medium for that couple' marriage.

Nice one.

Anshul Agrawal said...

@about-blank(Drj): I was concentrating on my health but the time when i was free that time only I found this Masala for my blog...

@beeblebr0x(Sharma): Mr. X wasn't my uncle... He was the uncle of some other IT guy... Waise woh tere bhi ho sakte hain, tu bhi Rajasthani hai na...???

Unknown said...

hi anshul,gud wrk......i liked all ur blogs but i really njoyed this one........the way u hav depicted the story is really nice...well don...

Unknown said...

hi anshul,it was really gud.....i njoyed this one a lot....i liked the way u hav depicted the story.....well done......

. said...

well even if the marriages are made in heaven, they need to be arranged on earth..and in a crowded city like mumbai where u do not have place to walk, i guess the doctor's clinic is the most peaceful and cool place!!!am already thinking of fixing a weekly appointment with ur doc myself....

Maverick said...

doctor ko toh bhagvaan maante hain na... aur bhagvaan ka rahan sthal is case mein clinic... toh fir kahavat zyaada galat nahi hai ;)

Rohit said...

I send a commmend on this blog of urs.. i can't c it even after so many days ??? :X

Amlan Nanda said...

lolzzzzzzzz

Nova said...

Whoa!!! I m sure this is a one of case... a little scary though :|

Anonymous said...

lOVELY BLOG DUE I must say u hav a good sense of humour. well depicted story yar caryy on!!!1

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...