Monday, October 16, 2006

Journey called LIFE...

I always believed on the lines, by Shakespeare, “Life is a stage where everyone has its own part to play.” Before I heard Nishant talking on phone, that “Life is like a local train, where on every other station, we find some new fellow passengers but sometimes we even may have to travel alone, looking only at the trees on either side of the railway tracks….”

Later I started thinking on those lines, I found to an extent this concept applied in my life too. We never plan our lives too many steps ahead; at max we go for two or three steps ahead in future. Here I’ll be metaphorically comparing my life with a local train and I also try to portray the stages in my lives as the stations.

I’ll not go into the details but if I try to go into flashback, the story will begin from my BHS days: I’ve spent 13 long years there, with my friend’s & classmates. Friend’s not only for that period but for lifetime. Memories fade or clear but still present at back of the mind.

Next in the row comes the station named as AKGEC, even though the journey from this station to the next was short in comparison to the previous one. Then too I’ll cherish this beautiful journey throughout my life. Those four years gave me the best companions I could have asked for. This college awarded me with a degree which will always help me in earning my daily bread.

With all the experience I gained throughout these years, it helped in taking to the next station of my journey. All the skills and knowledge which I acquired throughout the years helped me in getting a job. A job in an organization, which is amongst the pioneer in it’s field.

Life was always not as good as I thought it should be, but in any case, I had to continue my journey. As in the case of a local train, many a times I too didn’t found a seat to sit; it happened in my life too, there were problems and many a times I was clueless in finding a solution to them. But I tried to fight and overcome the problems as soon as possible. Even for some of the problems, I’m still trying to find an appropriate solution.

I may be standing in a local train and bearing the pressure from all sides but I should continue to stand at the same location till I find some better place to stand or to sit. The same thing happens in our lives too, we all have many problems but we should continuously try to overcome them.

At some point of time in my life, I always dreamt of becoming a Computer Engineer and then at a later point I had never thought that I’ll be able to become a Computer Engineer or even that I’ll get a job in such a reputed organization. But no one knows what life has for you in his kitty? Life is a mystery which unfolds itself as we carry on with it. So I’m ending at this note; but my journey in life hasn’t ended, but it has just begun !!!



“Some people come into out lives and quickly go
Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts.
And we are never, ever the same.”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wo wo wo dude.... am i impressed.... bet on dat.... nice analogy u drew. i remember u talkin on the same lines wen we last met. but m nt sure if its the same.... same or nt, the effort is worth a mention... i pray and hope that u will find a SEAT soon and the you will reach the destination station without getting late.

Anshul said...

Nice little philosophy u hv written abt life, gud one mate.

Anshul said...

Nice little philosophy abt life u hv written, keep it up mate....gud one.

Dolly Kansal said...

highly creative and imaginative thinking...simply gr8....

Anonymous said...

interesting analogy anshul

after mulling it over, i don't think I don’t fall into this category. Or there have still not have properly been able to think in line with analogy.
There are few questions to be raised like
What is the importance of destination this train journey? Here destination can be achievement or may be death or something else

Or other line of thought would be like it is the journey itself that matters i have no need for destination. goes against what most people think, I know.

i see it all the tiime, most people are so focused on the destination(or the denial that the train is about to pull into some station or other which they're think they're not prepared for) they miss the journey, which is life itself. and the destination, well it's at the end of the rainbow, we never get there because we never stop evolving and changing and growing.

having said all that, it's just my take on it all, doesn't mean i'm right. i know i'm right for me though, at this moment in time anyway.

oh just thought of something, who's the driver of the train, what about the TC and the beggers and the Coolies ? sorry anshul, i think in visual terms, you got the wheels in my head turning, imagery does that to me.

Namaste,
Rohit

BeEb|eBr0x said...

" A job in an organization, which is amongst the pioneer in it’s field."...yeah rite...jus make tht bold!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey anshul...wat a blog...man....i am highly impressed yaar....too gud...amazing...philosophy.. although even i also think on the same lines however the way in which u hav put them thogether is simply gr8....so collective thought gr8.i also think that life is like a journey of a train where at times u get reservation thats ur success and and at times u dont thats ur failures and problems of life but having said that life never stop no matter wat.....and thats the beauty of it......with every sun rise its a new daya begining and a new run for the local train....hehehe megha shah

Anonymous said...

a damn good comparison.a thoughtful one.i thouhgt it overand find similarity to my life also.one heluva piece of philoshphy.keep it up.n hats po to u man.
bye

Nova said...

I liked ur analogy... Good one dude :)

Nidhi said...

Stumbled on your blog by chance and quite liked it...well, there's one more thought about life which I totally believe in...here it is...
"Life is something that happens to you when you are busy making other plans!!!" :)

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...