Saturday, March 04, 2006

VT Program !! (Part I)

This is first in the series, From Sangam to Nariman Point, about which I mentioned some time back.

It was first time that I reached somewhere on time, may be bcos it was sumthing related to an opportunity for a job……… When I showed my letter to the security personnel, he asked me to wait in the security room: I found a place to sit, just next to a guy with long hair n also with an earring, he was also carrying the same letter like me so I understood that he was also there for this VT Program !!

The first impression I got from his looks was that he is a typical Delhite n it will be very difficult for me to have gud frndship with him but in life everything never falls on the same platform as we have thought n opposite to my believes he became one of my closest pal there, he was Abhishek Kalra or ‘Abhi’, as we later use to call him………

Few minutes later, security guard asked us to move to Building 22B, Second Floor, Cafeteria….. I asked for the directions n moved ahead, and I was among the first few to reach there;

After sitting alone for few minutes, I saw Abhi sitting on another table with a guy, I went to them n asked “Are you ppl also for the VT Program?” He replied with a nod n asked me to join them. After this we introduced ourselves to each other. On the table beside ours were sitting a guy, Rishi and two beautiful ladies, Megha and Laveena. They were so busy in giggling and chatting with each other, that we even thought that they may be very good frndz from before. Rest of the ppl were also scattered throughout the cafeteria.

Almost after sitting there for an hour, came a person from the HR Department. He took all of us to a conference room on the ground floor of the front building. The room looked good; it was a semi-circle shaped room with sofas all around the walls, except for one side. We all fitted ourselves on those sofas. After some formalities, which are usually done by the HR Department of every organization, we took our lunch break. The day seemed to be good as well as exciting too. We were enjoying every bit of it as most of us were new to this Corporate Culture.

I don’t know about others but it was first time I saw a BPO from inside, how ppl work there, etc. There were also two ATM’s counters just outside the room where we were sitting. A pantry just next to our room, with a TV in order to make their employees feel relax. One thing which I saw for the first time in my life was the Shoe Polishing Machine, which was placed on every floor, just outside the washroom. We all used these resources on our own convenience.

After having a good lunch, we all assembled back in the same room. The best thing about the lunch was that it was free of cost. Now that HR person came again and told us that we’ll be having our Pre-Assessment in short while from now and it will be a telephonic round of interview. There was panic amongst all of us, that why they are taking another round of interview? But he told us that it is only done to judge our abilities and we should remain assured that no one will be thrown out or disqualified.
Telephonic round of interview began and it was just similar to the interview which had given at the time of recruitment. But then too everyone whose turn was left was tensed till the time he/she finished off with his/her interview. My turn came almost at the end but it went okay. Till the time one person gave the interview, we all others had interactions with each other. After finishing off with this round, we were told to leave for the day. We took the respective cabs and went home happily. In the cab I found another guy from our batch, he was Kunal. He lived very near to my house in NOIDA.

Next day we were again made to sit in that same conference room and the whole day we only had fun. In between, some ppl from different departments came to address us, but the day passed and what I remember about it is only fun. One important thing which we learnt that day was that we’ll be divided into two groups; one will have training for 4 weeks and the other one for 6 weeks. This announcement made us a little sad coz now we ppl will be separated.

The third day began in the cafeteria, where came Arti. She introduced herself as the trainer of one group and told us that she will be announcing the names of the ppl in her group. So the names were:-
1. Abhishek Kalra
2. Anshul Agrawal
3. Anurag Sareen
4. Ashish Khattar
5. Joy Mukerjee
6. Kunal Kishore
7. Laveena Samvedi
8. Megha Shah
9. Vargis Khan
10. Vijayendra Singh

And ten of us went with Arti to Arctic Waves (this was the name of our training room)………



to be continued……………………

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, buddy so it looks like u got a team.. and that too with beautiful chicks in... gr8 goin.
anyways nice writeup. reading all the novels is helpin you. the way you described the surroundings is sign of good things to come. expecting more and frequent entries...

Anonymous said...

hi anshul
to start off with as ur freind drj has written ......beautiful chicks we will sort that out later...hahaa....no bt really i loved ur article on our vt batch.....anything that is attached with vt has a spl place in our lifes right.....but i must say a job well done with so much detailing invovled really well done....i enjoyed reading ur article and eargerly waiting for the nxt one in this series....

Anonymous said...

Hi Megha,
Were u not beautiful…… see my frnd Drj knows, that I’ll always make frndz with good n beautiful chicks like u two…. Ha ha ha !!! VT is still fresh in my mind n it will always be…. Soon u will the second part also… Thanx 4 to u ( and also to Drj) for appreciating my efforts………

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...