Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Amitabh Bachchan in a Sasur-Bahu saga?

Yesterday Mumbai Mirror posted a story by the title, “Amitabh Bachchan in a sasur-bahu saga?” That article was mainly about that Senior Bachchan may soon return to TV and act in a non-fiction or in some fiction serial. As the title suggests he may be doing some Sasur-Bahu saga or some type of K-serial, as we call them in our daily life.

I always appreciate the experimental movies & the exceptional characters which Mr. Bachchan plays in his movies. I liked most of the characters which he played in the recent times whether it was Sexy Sam in KANK to the one he played in Cheeni Kum. I’m even looking forward to see him as Gabbar in RGV ki Sholay, but somehow I’m not very excited about the fact that he will acting in TV serials. KBC was altogether a different story and I believe that people will accept him again if he hosts another show. But I was just thinking that whether we are ready to see Mr. Bachchan as the male version of our own Baa…???

I told my viewpoint to Nishant that at least actors like Mr. Bachchan should not start doing Sasur-Bahu sagas; doing movies like Nishabd or Cheeni Kum is fine but please no daily sops. Nishant presented a different view that people who are older than us may think opposite to me and will say that daily sops will do but not movies like Nishabd, etc which are against our Indian Culture. I agreed to his point meanwhile Tammy asked us to imagine that Mr. Bachchan will look while romancing Baa on TV.

Although Tammy wanted us to imagine a scene where both the characters are hugging each other; while I imagined a scene where Mr. Bachchan and Baa are seated on a bench in a park. They both are asking each other’s age and Baa replies “I’m 200+” and AB replies back, “very young…”(The scene from the movie Cheeni Kum). This was the third angle to my point whether Mr. Bachchan should act on TV or not.

Only time will tell that whether we’re lucky or unlucky to see Amitabh Bachchan again on TV. Whether we want to see him on TV varies from person to person and it will depend on various factors. But one of the important factors may be the number of zeroes on the cheque which will be offered to Senior Bachchan by his producers.

Don’t forget to tell me whether you are excited about viewing Mr. Amitabh Bachchan in the daily sops or not???

12 comments:

Shruti said...

Hi anshul,
Hey after a long time im here in you blog..
But you havent update me about your new post..

Well, intresting post..Amitabh is role of Male Baa..
Please, its not good idea at all

Anyways, take care.
And i will keep myself regular here..

. said...

It would be very disappointing to say the least to see the BIG B on the small screen.An acor of his stature shuld not over-expose himself, i mean to say that he should not be over-visible. He already is appearing in so many ads which include every possible product from cold cream to shamppo to oil and what not.
But i can guess the TRPs of the serial would break all ime recods!!!

Anonymous said...

Whatever be the case, whether it's a movie or daily soaps, I just love him to see, to act, to dance on screen (big or small)

he he he :)

jydaa ho gaya!

kya karoon yaar control nahi hota, jabse J..B..J.. mein unka dance dekha hai.. flat ho gayi hoon un par...

Rohit said...

Thanks for providing me the information about this Big B related news.
I also don't agree with the point of Big B being on small screen. But we are seeing things from only our perception may be Big B actions are associated with something beyond me and you thoughts.
One thing which i would also like to point out as a person we should not do/don't for other persons specially there professional choices. I know this would give your blog good TRP's but still ;)

Amlan Nanda said...

two things i hate in indian television these days.
amitabh bachpan and himesh reshamiya.

over exposure ka v over ho gaya hai.

blah...>!!

Unknown said...

Hehehehe.... I can't stop laughing at the parallels you drew! :)

I dont think I would be OK with the idea of BIG B on the SMALL screen..! At least not in a daily soap.. A reality show, maybe... but a Soap... Nyaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Amit
http://talkingtails.wordpress.com

P.S. I have blogroll-ed you! :)

Amandeep Singh said...

Excited?
U gatta be kidding me..Rather watch a Bhojpuri film than that!!!!!

Anshul Agrawal said...

@Shruti: Thanks for dropping by...

@Niraj: I agree to you that actor os such a stature shud try to maintain their dignity... And definitely if he comes on any serial on TV then it wud break all records of TRP's...

@Sakshi: I too admire Mr. Bachchan but I don't want to see him doing TV...

Anshul Agrawal said...

@Rohit: Hey, I've written this one for increasing the TRP Ratings of my blog but coz this was something which I don't want... Although as u correctly said we've no rights to discuss about anyone else's decisions...

@Amlan: Thanks...

@Amit: Thanks for adding me to ur Blogroll List :)

@Standbymode: Yeah, do watch a Bhojpuri movie rather than watching a Saas-Bahu Soap, these soaps are bigger toture... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey....have tagged you. Check my blog.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I dream the brief should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...