Monday, November 27, 2006

After One Year

As O’ Henry used the title for his brilliantly written story “After Twenty Years”, to show that how the lives of two friends had changed in a time span of twenty years. I’m also using a similar title to list out some of the changes which had happened to me, after I came to Mumbai.

Question: What all have changed in me, in the past one year?

Answer: The answer seems to be very simple to me; but when I try to analyze these answers, I find that I’ve gained a lot in every aspect of life.


Made some more good friends and hope to continue these relationships throughout my life.
Now I know Places, People & Culture of one more city – Mumbai, the City of Dreams.
Got second life after having successful operation at the beginning of this calendar year.
Learnt some of typical words of the Mumbaiya language. And have also started using them in my day to day talks.
Also learnt 2 levels of ballroom dancing (Jive, Salsa & Waltz) & looking forward to learn Level 3 soon.
Now I’m an IT professional with one year of experience.
Also started loving Vada Pav with Cutting (a cup of tea).
How can I forget this, I also started blogging this year, which gave me freedom to express my thoughts.


But there are certain things in life which I still don’t like or find them incorrect:

Don’t like traveling in local trains and buses, although I travel in them whenever required.
Always miss my college & hostel life. I still missed my friends a lot.
Never liked the Rains of Mumbai.
Still don’t have a GF…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anshul bhai,

Very nice. Keep up the good work.

Nishu

Anonymous said...

kya jhakas blog likha hai bidu... bole to ekdum rapchik...sab bhai logo ko khush kar diya tune... mumbai- the city of dreams...well all that i can say is mumbai ne tujhe kharcha paani diya hai... kharcha matlab paisa aur rozgaar aur paani matlab tip tip barsa pani;; salute to mumbai rain... so i think the city of dreams has fulfilled all ur dreams...and i hope that it fulfills my dream as well...about getting u a girlfriend... so cheers for our dreams and the city of dreams...vadapao khane ka.;milk pine ka; beach ghoomne ka..baarish mein maze karne ka...bole to ekdum aish karne ka....mumbai got it all...
PRASHANT

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...