Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Jashn...

JashnA Live Musical Concert by Pankaj Udhas.


Last Friday I went to see this concert @ Nehru Centre, Worli. This was the second time I went for a live concert. The first one was when I was in class 11th and went to see a Daler Mehndi Show (hope you all still remember him).

Pankaj Udhas is my favorite ghazal singer. Rather I should put in this way: I listen only to his ghazals. Thus it was a very good opportunity for me to see him performing live. Two of my friends also agreed to come with me. I booked the tickets and reached the venue on time (which happens rarely). As I have said, till date I have seen only two live concerts. Both were awesome, the only difference being the ticket prices. The first one was for Rs.20 (I know you people won’t believe me, but its true) and for this concert; it was 10 times the first one.

Luckily we got seats at the center of the auditorium. So the view of the stage was absolutely clear. I was very excited to see my favorite artist performing in front of me.

Once he started singing, the whole auditorium seemed to be intoxicated by his melodies. And after 2 ghazals, when he sung a famous Bollywood number, the crowd was unable to control their emotions. Everyone was clapping and some of them were whistling too. His musicians too, were good. They played really well. There was one Jugalbandi performance by the musicians. Everyone was astonished to see such a performance. Finally came the turn of the song, for which almost everyone present in that audi was waiting: “Chithi Aayi Hai.” I even saw a lady sitting there, who started weeping on hearing this song.

We took some photographs, recorded videos and overall, enjoyed a lot. It was totally a paisa vasool show…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i also luv Pankaj Udhas.....i am sure u must have enjoyed ......i wish even i could attend one of his concerts.
do send the pics.......

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...