Thursday, June 01, 2006

Barsaat ke mausam mein...

Rains always remind me these lines, written by Rossiter Johnson:

How it pours, pours, pours, In a never-ending sheet! How it drives beneath the doors!
How it soaks the passer's feet! How it rattles on the shutter! How it rumples up the lawn! How 'twill sigh, and moan, and mutter, From darkness until dawn.
(Source: Rhyme of the Rain)


Yesterday, first time I witnessed the rains in Mumbai. The rains brought both joy n reliefs from the scorching heat of summer but along with this, it also brought panic n feeling of fear in the minds of the people.

As soon as the rain started, my mailbox was flooded by the mails, warning about the future dates on which there is the possibility of heavy rainfall. But this was not all, then came a warning SMS came from my mobile service provider. People here in Mumbai, really fear rains now, atleast after last year’s 26/7.

Panicked Mumbaikars believe that this was only the trailer, as it rained only for few hours. The rains led to water-logging at many places between my office and home. Addition to this was heavy traffics jams on the road, as everyone was in a rush to reach their homes.

Finally, I managed to reach my place, bare-footed, with shoes in my hands and singing the song “Barsaat ke mausam mein…”

No comments:

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...