Wednesday, August 09, 2006

F | R | I | E | N | D | S


Friendship is not about leading or following, it is simply being with each other to share each and every single moment of our lives. These simple words contain in themselves the entire beauty of friendship.

Though the Friendship Day is celebrated with great pomp and show in all over the world but not much is known about how this celebration started. However many folk tales and mythological stories reveal the fact that friendship has been valued as a relationship since the commencement of the civilized world. As far as the history of the Friendship day is concerned it is said that in 1935 the first Sunday of August was proclaimed as the Friendship Day. Since then the celebration of the Friendship Day became an annual event in United Sates. Slowly this tradition spread to other countries too and they also started celebrating this day with much excitement.

Winnie – the Pooh was appointed as the Friendship’s world ambassador by the United States in 1997. Friendship Day has been dedicated to those friends who make our lives merrier and give a meaningful direction to the path of our lives. On Friendship Day people try their best to thank all those special angels called friends in their lives from the bottom of their hearts. There are some people who believe that friendship is so strong a relationship that it needs no special day for celebration. But then also it is a tried and tested fact that every relationship, no matter how strong needs some recognition and the Friendship Day enables you to do just the same that is it allows you to give due recognition to the beautiful bond of friendship which you share with your friend.

At times we get so busy with our lives that we just start taking our friends for granted and just start neglecting them. On such occasions this Friendship Day reminds us of the importance of the friends in our lives so that we can never ever ignore the special beings sent on this earth by the supreme power just for us.
When I was born I got lots of relation by God as gift... mother, father, sister, brother.. And many more... But the relation which I made by myself, over the years, is "Friend”. So give the same value as God gifted us. Today I am very happy to see you all in my friend list. You all are my Strength. So Always be with me...

4 comments:

Julez said...

hey there...
liked your blog....
u write well....
kp blogging......

cheerz

Anshul said...

Man wow u searched quite a lot about friendship day...cool man ...very well described n wriiten...keep it up....Great Job Done....!

Anonymous said...

Hey Anshul,
This one is brilliant.I salute you for the way you have describe this beautiful relationship "Friendship".
Sahi bataoo..agar tum mere dost na hote to tum yeh sab nahi likh paate..Mujh jaisa dost paakar tum dhanya ho gaye...
Coming to the point,I totally agree with you that this is the relation which is made my ourselves and it is up to us how we nourish this relation.Gud Job!!!

Anonymous said...

hey anshul
i read ur blog on "friends" i really liked it.........the word "friends " in itself brings a big smile on each of our faces......with my own personal experience...i can say that these spieces called friends hav always stood by me and i luv all my freinds may god bless all of them .....we all stay like this always.......megha shah

Who says “Marriages are made in Heaven” ???

Who says “ Marriages are made in Heaven ” ??? I don’t say so, atleast after what I’ve seen yesterday… Yesterday I went to a doctor’s cli...